It’s been raining every day since I got here, except for on Saturday, when there was a hailstorm:



Last Thursday I appeared with a bunch of Tulca Festival artists and curators on RTE Radio 1's 'The Eleventh Hour' presented by Páraic Breathnach:


Páraic is an accomplished theatre and film actor, producer, director of theatre, writer and all-round arts expert.

Click here to listen to the interview (I'm on about 35 minutes in).

I've been going a bit mad cooped up in my little freezing shop:



On Sunday I was planning on staying in, maybe going to Abrakebabra for some tea:















when I received an anonymous text message telling me to come to dinner.

Turns out it was from a collective called Domestic Godless. Here's one of them:















Here's the menu:















(Click to enlarge)

And here are some of the dishes:











































It was an unexpectedly remarkable meal, and a steal at only
20.

A similar meal would cost ten times as much in London.


(That's a complete guess.)


If I ever kill a man and am put on death row, I would definitely get Domestic Godless to cook me my last meal:














Not only would it take four hours to eat, but I'd probably die of gluttony before they could electrocute me.


The event was part of the Tulca Festival, and, as such, has forced me to raise my game:


2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:23 pm

    Are those the little eggs you get in pick 'n' mix? I prefer the rubbery lips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reminds me of the scene in Mike Leigh's Life Is Sweet where Timothy Spall announces his restaurant menu's piece de resistance of black pudding and pig's trotter in a blackberry coulis.

    I've now read your entire blog. I like, though my arm hurts.

    ReplyDelete