Meatspace

So today I was planning to set up an unofficial rest-stop along the route of the London Marathon, in which me and my friend Paul would hold signs reading JUST STOP, WHY TRY? and FREE DONUTS whilst handing out hamburgers, cans of beer and lit cigarettes, dangling from a fishing rod, to the passing runners.

The intervention would have been a homage to the LA Cacophony Society, who used to do the same schtick at the Los Angeles Marathon.


Unfortunately Paul had a late night, and didn't wake up until 5pm, so I had to reschedule until 2009.


As such I now have a backlog of the following:


Four McDonalds Cheeseburgers























Ten Marlboro Light Menthols



Six Melton Mowbray Pork Pies


Six cans of Heineken


Five custard filled doughnuts


If I consume all of the above I will die.


So, if any readers are in the vicinity of Studio DeDomenici, do email me and I will happily give you some of my stockpile.


Meanwhile, I'm collecting names of early-bird co-conspirators for Rest Stop 2009, so if anyone's free next April 26th, let me know!

1 comment:

  1. Hiya Richard,

    It's Dave 'GrooveSlave' Morris from Cardiff. I'll help you with the 'Rest stop' next April. But as a whole food, vegetarian, organic eating holier than thou protagonist who actually likes to taste my food, is it alright if I faust some of the most unpalatable foodstuffs ever devised on the unsuspecting health freaks and some of those runners will be used to the stuff you've planned to give out so maybe need a change.

    ReplyDelete