Has anyone noticed the remarkable similarity between the new Abbey logo and the existing 30 St Mary Axe logo?

















Also Texas' recent single
'Getaway' appears to have blatantly ripped off 'Nathan Jones' by the Supremes (and latterly Bananarama) in both lyric and melody?

Texas:


The ring you were holding

Has hit the floor

And I can't live in this house

With you no more


Supremes:

The key that you're holding

Won't fit my door

And there's no room in my heart
For you no more


It really is shocking behaviour, Miss Spiteri.

If
Mungo Jerry can succesfully sue Whigfield for a percentage of the royalties from 'Another Day' for using a similar melody to their hit 'In The Summertime', then I reckon there's a case here.

Does nobody have any new ideas anymore?


Has it all really been done before?


I hope not.

In other news, It was a great pleasure to go back to my old Art School in Cardiff yesterday to perform my new lecture 'Did Priya Pathak Ever Get Her Wallet Back?' to the students.

Since I left in 2001 my old teacher Andre Stitt has been made a proffessor:





















Meanwhile my friend Marcus Reeves is trying to raise £30,000 to stage a musical about Sister Wendy in London this autumn. It's an ambitious task he's set himself, and I am pleased to say that the benefit gig I performed at for him a couple of weeks ago raised £500:



That's a whole 1.5% of the total finances required.

Good Luck Marcus!


No comments:

Post a Comment