Hello,

I'm Richard Dedomenici and I'm the Arnolfini Visiting Writer for the month of February 2006.

People often ask me: 'Richard, what is the remit of the Arnolfini Visiting Writer Programme?'

To which I respond: 'Ooh, good question' which affords me a bit of thinking time. Then I say something like. 'It's really nebulous' or 'it's very multi-nodal'.

This tends not to be a very satisfactory response.

Hence I've developed the Visiting Writer Latex Explain-O-Glove(TM), which I can put on at a moments notice, and really helps to clarify the situation:



As you can see from the index finger, part of my role involves keeping a blog, of which this is the first entry. In the coming month I will provide probing, up-to-the-minute analysis of the issues surrounding the Inbetween Time Festival, which kicked off at the Arnolfini last night; The National Review of Live Art, Glasgow, and anything else that I find pertinent/noteworthy.

Since I arrived in Bristol yesterday I've been alienating people by telling them that I reserve thre right publish everything they talk to me about on the internet, even though logistical ramifications preclude this.

At the minute there's a bit of a backlog ,or, if you like, b(ack)log, of information to tell you about, much of it libellous. I'm just getting confirmation from the Arnolfini legal department, and then the floodgates will open.

Thankyou for reading this far.

Here's a preview of the kind of incicive coverage you can expect:



Dont you think that Simon Casson from Duckie looks rather like Chris Rea with his new moustache?


No comments:

Post a Comment